- Debbie and Simon’s introduction to couples therapy training is one of the most enjoyable and inspiring CPD trainings I’ve attended. They shared their passion for the work with huge generosity and patience. The training was robust, with every aspect carefully considered to ease and encourage our learning, from extensive handouts to fresh fruit during the breaks. It felt like a really safe place to practice new skills and ask questions freely. There was a great combination of theory and experiential practice and although the days were jam-packed they seemed to fly by. I feel I now have a good understanding of the basics involved in becoming a couples therapist including many of the ethical dilemmas such as working individually with clients alongside couples work, of confidentiality vs transparency as well as the practical issues of drawing up contracts and the wording of client questionnaires. They kindly provided us with a great set of ready-made documents to facilitate our entrée into the world of couples therapy. What I love too is the ongoing support through their facebook group and the option to be included in their couples therapist directory. If you are thinking of finding out more about couples training I can’t think of a better place to start.
CheryAnn, therapist attending 2021 training
- A practical course that covers a range of models. I feel I have been introduced to the world of couples counselling in a way that feels thorough, and gives me confidence to begin working with couples. Debbie and Simon have been generous and supportive trainers. A great thing to have done overall!
Therapist attending 2021 London training.
- An informative in depth introduction to couples counselling. I would most definitely recommend this course.
SS (therapist attending 2021 London training).
- I would definitely recommend this course; in depth knowledge of the trainers; gives you all the information you need to be a professional couples therapist
Therapist attending 2021 London training
- I can honestly say that this is by far the best couples counselling training I have ever attended. I would not hesitate to recommend this training to anyone, excellent all round.
DN (therapist attending 2019 London training)
- The Introduction Course provided an excellent foundational level insight into the world of couples therapy. I am completing the course feeling well equipped to begin couples therapy. The handouts and level of information and different theoretical approaches is exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you both.
Integrative Counsellor (attended Introduction Course London 2019)
- “I found couples training with Debbie and Simon to be extremely valuable for my journey into this specialised profession. Their style of delivery is both informative and absorbing, in a relaxed atmosphere. I would thoroughly recommend this course for those looking to ensure they can deliver a professional couples counselling service to their clients”
Sally Grant, therapist, Berkshire Holistic Therapy
- Clear concise delivery, I feel confident to start with clients. I have trained on a couples workshop previously but didn’t feel confident to start working, so delayed and continued to look for further training. Really impressed by the content shared, every question answered and great safeguarding implementation.
Therapist attending Introduction Course London 2019
- I am so thankful that I chose to do your course. My supervisor highly recommended it, and I was not disappointed. Not only did it reassure me that I already was familiar with a good number of approaches by the foremost experts in the field of couples counselling, but your comprehensive coverage of the basics was thorough, practical and reassuring. The range of helpful handouts will also be a source of practical guidance both for me and my clients: a wide menu. Ellyn Bader and Peter Pearson’s ‘developmental approach’ was new to me, and makes absolute sense. I’ll enjoy exploring it more. It was also a first proper introduction to Marshall Rosenberg, and I now have his step by step guide to nonviolent communication in my grasp and am passing it on to clients. I also liked the fact that you both have a depth of knowledge and experience, which has come both from your passionate exploration over time within the field, as well as your ongoing commitment to increased happiness within your own relationship.
Loraine McDonald, therapist attending Introduction course in London 2019
- This course was an excellent way of creating the solid groundwork for having a couples practice, whilst giving the tools and confidence to be a better practitioner. It made me re-evaluate all my counselling skills and practice.
Therapist attending Introduction course in London 2019
♦ This was one of the most informative and useful trainings I have experienced. Excellent trainers, thorough handouts, lots of practice. Highly recommended. Don’t become a couples counsellor without this training!
Denise Dyson, therapist, Course participant, London 2018
♦ ‘An excellent and thought provoking training. The course is well structured and Debbie and Simon weave in a range of theory and therapeutic approaches. I left feeling much better equipped to work with couples. I also found plenty to enrich and expand my individual work. I will definitely recommend this course to colleagues looking to make the transition from individual to couples counselling.’
♦ ‘An extremely full and informative course for therapists. Diverse in content approaches, and very well supported with copies of information given. Great balance between interactive and didactic approaches and good to share existing and future work with other clinicians. Gives space to explore the parallels between ones own experiences and the clients which is an essential part of our ongoing practice. Good for therapist new to couples work and to those well experienced in the practice.
Very pleased that I found this rare training.’
Julia Dansie; therapist
♦ For anyone considering working with couples, this course is a must; so informative and really enjoyable.’
Julie Mills-Langdown, Psychodynamic Counsellor, Course participant, London 2018
♦ Very well organised with excellent handouts. warm, professional delivery. Excellent course. Thank you.
Therapist and Course participant, London 2018
♦High quality training delivered with a real depth and enthusiasm. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend.
Therapist and Course participant, London 2018
♦ A thorough and fascinating grounding in working therapeutically with couples. Using a wide and interesting variety of teaching methods, the presenters Debbie and Simon were professional and well organised, but at the same time relaxed and friendly. So much was packed in, including in-depth training on a number of popular contemporary therapeutic models. Handouts covered everything, so it was easy to just absorb the information and insights, without needing to take notes. I’d absolutely recommend this course to any professional contemplating working with couples.
Martin (Course participant, Liverpool 2018).
♦ Excellent course by professional trainer; suitable for counsellors wanting to understand and practise couples work.
Course participant, London 2018
♦ Best, most comprehensive set of handouts and notes of any training I’ve ever been on – much appreciated. Really thorough grounding in essential considerations, ethics and differences working with couples. Comprehensive introduction to different theories/models.
Jill Kay, therapist, course participant, Liverpool 2018
♦Everything was excellent. The resources fantastic, the pace was just right and the expertise of the facilitator was great. All of it has been helpful without feeling overwhelming.
Amanda, therapist, course participant, Liverpool 2018
♦ I would (and have) thoroughly recommend this course to colleagues who are considering couples counselling. It contains a large amount of practical information backed up with Debbie’s hands-on experience and her revealing and invaluable insights into many of the front-line occurrences that couple counselling will present. Both Debbie and Simon have a vast experience of couple counselling and the manner in which they present their knowledge is both accessible and entertaining. Without doubt a ‘must do’ course.
John Hade – Dartmoor Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy, Course participant, London 2018
♦ Clear explanations for the theory and the practical issues. fantastic resources to back up the learning and to use in practice. Thoroughly enjoyable and fascinating.
Lucy Candey, Therapist, Course participant, London 2018
♦ I very much appreciate how broad the course is and how we are introduced to a number of different ways of working. This is also true for the different teaching methods that are used, a lovely balance of talks, videos, practice etc. I particularly love the way Debbie and Simon share themselves and their experiences. The pace for me is also excellent.
Adela Austin, therapist, Course participant, London 2018
♦ Generally, I felt the course was very informative and gave me lots of ideas and insights. I feel the course is an excellent alternative to some of the lengthy and expensive other couples counselling courses.
Francesco Piro, therapist and supervisor, Course participant, London 2018
♦ Debbie is engaging and very competent – asking her about her own experience (and Simon’s) is very affirming and inspires confidence. The handouts are comprehensive and the content has covered many aspects of how to begin as a couples counsellor.
Sarah Davenport – Sarah Davenport Counselling, Course participant, London 2018
♦ I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. The information was clear and really well presented. The day was well structured and had a great mix of practical and didactical learning. Made a difficult subject easy to understand and left me feeling confident to begin to practise. Best CPD course I have attended.
Sarah Wolfin, private practice, Course participant, London 2018
♦ An excellent balance of structure/input and mapping onto/listening to participants’ own experiences and practice.
Helen Mackay, therapist, Course participant, London 2018
♦ “Exceeded expectations manyfold. Thoughtful, informed, up-to-date content from classic and relevant models, with the opportunity to practise techniques. Delivered in a great way. The opportunity to practise the techniques made the learning real. Very impressed.”
Dean, Robin Corner Counselling
♦ ‘Debbie was an extremely generous trainer with her thinking and resources. She was also relaxed in her style which put the group at ease.’
Abigail, London, Course participant, London 2017
♦ I feel as if I’ve had a solid grounding in the basics. Clearly explained. A good balance between teaching and participation. I will be recommending!
Helen Batten, therapist, Course participant, London 2018
♦ “Absolutely fantastic course, jam-packed with information and resources. Will definitely be recommending to fellow counsellors.”
Katie, Private Practitioner
♦ A lovely balance of learning through a variety of methods; very interactive and felt like a safe learning environment. A very enabling approach by Debbie, acknowledging all participants’ experiences. A good acknowledgement of learning styles.’
Margaret Headland, Headland Therapy, Course participant, London 2017
♦ “An excellent overview to couples counselling offering you a strong base to start practising with growing confidence”
Isabel, Letchworth Centre, Course participant, London 2017
♦ I found the course very enlightening and full of information. Highly recommended course. You will get all the information you need to move forward in couples counselling. Debbie is an inspirational teacher and I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to work with couples.
Counsellor attending London course
♦ I would certainly recommend this course to anyone who is thinking of starting out on couples counselling. Be ready to discover how much there is to take on board. Debbie is a fantastic tutor.
Counsellor attending London course.
‘I attended the couples counselling 4 day course run by Debbie. I have to say, this has been some of the most helpful study days I have attended. The course is very comprehensive, and well thought out. Each day has a range of topics and techniques. Debbie sets out to explain the information, then allows time to practise the techniques, and time to discuss at the end. She covers a vast range of information, which is supported by a very comprehensive selection of handout and forms which can be used with clients. There is a good selection of books and information about couples and relationships available at the course Since finishing, I have been in contact with Debbie, and she has been very helpful in offering suggestions of further information and ideas.
I would recommend this course to anyone who has an interest in couples counselling. The course has increased my knowledge, and self confidence in working with couples in counselling.’
(Sue Cognitive Analytic Therapist; Course participant, London 2017)
‘Fabulously informative workshop on the how to and why of setting up as a couples counsellor. I recommend it highly. Excellent, with brilliant handouts‘ (Tara, therapist and supervisor, Course participant, London 2017)
‘Excellent attention to detail. The course draws attention to the most important considerations and provides a comprehensive toolkit for anyone starting out as a couples counsellor’ (Phil Martin, therapist, Bournemouth, Course participant, London 2017).
‘An extremely clear and informative course. Very well organised. Delivered with clarity and warmth. Very useful.‘ (Kate Renner, Letchworth Centre for Healthy Living, Herts, Course participant, London 2017)
‘Debbie and Simon are great trainers. the four dates were informative, insightful and fun. I loved the range of teaching methods and have already recommended the course to two colleagues. Fantastic handouts also. Lovely and safe group.’ (Phil Puttock, counsellor, Brighton, Course participant, London 2017)
‘I found most helpful the depth of experience of both leaders….the supervision of role-plays was done well and helpfully. Everyone was given permission to join in or sit it out or passively participate. I found that sensitive‘ (B, therapist)
What was good was the expertise and experience of Deborah. Really clearly laid out. Really supportive and encouraging. I enjoyed and found Deborah’s anecdotal accounts really useful. They gave me much to think about. The really thorough treatment of ethics was most beneficial. (Katrina Pitts, therapist, Course participant, London 2017)
I liked the pace and the practise in a safe environment. Very stimulating and excited at the prospect of practising newly acquired skills (Wendy Willis, counsellor, Bucks, Course participant, London 2017)