Professional Training for Couple Counsellors
Dates: May 16/17 (1st weekend) and June 20/21 2020 (2nd weekend) from 10am to 5pm each day.
Location: London SE10
Cost: £465 early bird; £490 if booked after 16th February 2020.
Most counselling training programmes offer little or no information on how to work with couples. Yet couple work is very different from working with individuals, and if you do decide to work with couples, it’s important to learn the basics of how to facilitate a couple session.
We offer a full introductory programme of training in how to excel as a couples counsellor. The course is four days long spread over two weekends one month apart. The course runs two or three times per year.
The course will run at a training venue in Greenwich, London SE10, very close to Greenwich DLR which has direct links to London Bridge and Cannon Street.
JUST SOLD OUT: ANOTHER COURSE PLANNED FOR LATER ON IN 2020: WATCH THIS SPACE!
Dates: 29th Feb/1st March 2020 (1st weekend) and 28/29th March (2nd weekend) from 10am to 4.30pm each day.
Location: London SE10
Cost: £465 early bird; £490 if booked after 30 November 2019.
As a follow on from the Introduction course, this Level 2 course will explore the important concept of Differentiation in Couples Counselling, and focus in particular on the Developmental Model of Couple Counselling pioneered by Drs Ellyn Bader and Peter Pearson.
If you would like to book a place, please send an email to email@example.com
Or if you would like us to run the training at your place, just let us know.
For more information, click on the title of each course above.
Testimonials from Training (for more, see the ‘testimonials’ page)
- I can honestly say that this is by far the best couples counselling training I have ever attended. I would not hesitate to recommend this training to anyone, excellent all round.
DN (therapist attending 2019 London training)
- The Introduction Course provided an excellent foundational level insight into the world of couples therapy. I am completing the course feeling well equipped to begin couples therapy. The handouts and level of information and different theoretical approaches is exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you both.
Deone Payne-James, Integrative Counsellor (attended Introduction Course London 2019)
- Clear concise delivery, I feel confident to start with clients. I have trained on a couples workshop previously but didn’t feel confident to start working, so delayed and continued to look for further training. Really impressed by the content shared, every question answered and great safeguarding implementation.
Therapist attending Introduction Course London 2019
- I am so thankful that I chose to do your course. My supervisor highly recommended it, and I was not disappointed. Not only did it reassure me that I already was familiar with a good number of approaches by the foremost experts in the field of couples counselling, but your comprehensive coverage of the basics was thorough, practical and reassuring. The range of helpful handouts will also be a source of practical guidance both for me and my clients: a wide menu. Ellyn Bader and Peter Pearson’s ‘developmental approach’ was new to me, and makes absolute sense. I’ll enjoy exploring it more. It was also a first proper introduction to Marshall Rosenberg, and I now have his step by step guide to nonviolent communication in my grasp and am passing it on to clients. I also liked the fact that you both have a depth of knowledge and experience, which has come both from your passionate exploration over time within the field, as well as your ongoing commitment to increased happiness within your own relationship.
Loraine McDonald, therapist attending Introduction course in London 2019
- This course was an excellent way of creating the solid groundwork for having a couples practice, whilst giving the tools and confidence to be a better practitioner. It made me re-evaluate all my counselling skills and practice.
Therapist attending Introduction course in London 2019
♦ This was one of the most informative and useful trainings I have experienced. Excellent trainers, thorough handouts, lots of practice. Highly recommended. Don’t become a couples counsellor without this training!
Denise Dyson, therapist, Course participant, London 2018
♦ ‘An excellent and thought provoking training. The course is well structured and Debbie and Simon weave in a range of theory and therapeutic approaches. I left feeling much better equipped to work with couples. I also found plenty to enrich and expand my individual work. I will definitely recommend this course to colleagues looking to make the transition from individual to couples counselling.’
♦ ‘An extremely full and informative course for therapists. Diverse in content approaches, and very well supported with copies of information given. Great balance between interactive and didactic approaches and good to share existing and future work with other clinicians. Gives space to explore the parallels between ones own experiences and the clients which is an essential part of our ongoing practice. Good for therapist new to couples work and to those well versed in the practice.
Very pleased that I found this rare training.’
Julia Dansie; therapist
♦ For anyone considering working with couples, this course is a must; so informative and really enjoyable.’
Julie Mills-Langdown, Psychodynamic Counsellor, Course participant, London 2018
♦ Very well organised with excellent handouts. warm, professional delivery. Excellent course. Thank you.
Therapist and Course participant, London 2018
♦High quality training delivered with a real depth and enthusiasm. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend.
Therapist and Course participant, London 2018
♦ “Exceeded expectations manyfold. Thoughtful, informed, up-to-date content from classic and relevant models, with the opportunity to practise techniques. Delivered in a great way. The opportunity to practise the techniques made the learning real. Very impressed.” Dean, Robin Corner Counselling
“Outstanding. Debbie provided an exciting, stimulating well researched and excellently resourced session in an enjoyable accessible manner. The experiential exercise was thoughtfully guided and I left wanting more thinking this is one of the best courses I have attended.” Sherry, London
♦ “Absolutely fantastic course, jam-packed with information and resources. Will definitely be recommending to fellow counsellors.”
Katie, Private Practitioner
“I enjoyed and found Deborah’s anecdotal accounts really useful. They gave me much to think about. The really thorough treatment of ethics was most beneficial.” (Katrina Pitts, therapist)
“A lovely balance of learning through a variety of methods. Very interactive and felt like a safe learning environment. A very enabling approach by Debbie, acknowledging all participants’ experiences. A good acknowledgement of different learning styles.” (Margaret Headland; Headland Therapy).
‘I attended the couples counselling 4 day course run by Debbie. I have to say, this has been some of the most helpful study days I have attended. The course is very comprehensive, and well thought out. Each day has a range of topics and techniques. Debbie sets out to explain the information, then allows time to practise the techniques, and time to discuss at the end. She covers a vast range of information, which is supported by a very comprehensive selection of handout and forms which can be used with clients. There is a good selection of books and information about couples and relationships available at the course Since finishing, I have been in contact with Debbie, and she has been very helpful in offering suggestions of further information and ideas.
I would recommend this course to anyone who has an interest in couples counselling. The course has increased my knowledge, and self confidence in working with couples in counselling.’
(Sue – Cognitive Analytic Therapist)
Testimonials from Couples
“You saved our relationship, and as a consequence our family, by teaching us tools that helped solve problems and conflicts we were struggling with for years.
We would not have been able to do this on our own – we did try.
Our relationship and life has improved tremendously as a result, we are extremely grateful.”
Teresa & Jeff, New York
I found the couples counselling very useful. It helped me realise & understand the main issue
that was causing most of the problems in our relationship & that we needed to take action to put a stop to it.
Debbie is very experienced and a great facilitator & adviser. 1000% recommended!