Level Two: Couples Counselling Training: Exploring Differentiation
ONLY TWO PLACES LEFT: CONTACT US IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BOOK! 07952 593201
Dates: 29th Feb/1st March 2020 (1st weekend) and 28/29th March (2nd weekend) from 10am to 4.30pm each day.
Location: London SE10
CPD: 22 hours
As a follow on from the Introduction course, this Level 2 course will explore the important concept of Differentiation in Couples Counselling, and focus in particular on the Developmental Model of Couple Counselling pioneered by Drs Ellyn Bader and Peter Pearson, as well as looking at the Crucible Model of Couple Therapy pioneered by Dr David Schnarch.
This course will cover the following:
• The Developmental Model of Couple Counselling pioneered by Drs Ellyn Bader and Peter Pearson
• Introduction to The Crucible Model by Dr David Schnarch
• Differentiation Theory and its relationship to Attachment Theory;
• How to work with affairs and betrayals;
• Different types of lies within relationship;
• Concepts from Neuroscience and how these might aid the couple counsellor;
• The five stages of development in adult relationships, and the goals/tasks of each stage;
• The three types of couples that present for couples counselling;
• Using a Couples Questionnaire;
• The Paper Exercise: a key exercise to ascertain and diagnose six major problems in the couple’s ability to handle conflict, negotiation and communication;
• Working with hostile and avoidant couples;
• Facilitating the Initiator-Inquirer Dialogue to strengthen differentiation in relationship;
• Goal setting;
• How to help couples repair ruptures in their relationship;
• Working with and disrupting Symbiosis; Facilitating Differentiation;
• Key negotiation principles; strategies for making decisions.
Debbie will be leading this course, and will be sometimes joined by her partner Simon Adamson who is also a couples counsellor which will add an interesting extra dimension to the work. You can read more about their work together at www.completecouples.com. A CPD certificate of 22 hours will be provided on completion of the course.
This course will run at least once or twice per year.
There will be maximum of 15/16 people per course to ensure optimum benefit of the course.
Minimum qualifications required to enrol for the course: Ideally, completion of the four day Introduction course, although if you already work with couples, it’s possible to register for the Level 2 course without completing the Introduction course. This course is most suited to qualified counsellors or psychotherapists. If you are a trainee, then completion of a minimum ten week certificate course is required to enrol. If you are outside of these criteria, please contact me to discuss, as in exceptional cases, enrolment may be possible.
Cancellation terms: A £100 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a place. The balance is payable one month before the course start date, and once paid is also non-refundable. In the event of cancellation with less than one month’s notice, a full refund will be offered if someone from the waiting list takes your place, otherwise the balance payment is also non-refundable.
Dates: 29th Feb/1st March 2020 (1st weekend) and 28/29th March (2nd weekend).
Cost: £465 early bird; £490 if booked after 30 November 2019.
Venue: The Deborah Ubee Trust, 20 Egerton Drive, Greenwich, London SE10 8JS.
Booking: Email email@example.com
Non-refundable deposit of £100 now and the balance is payable by 29th January 2020.